Here’s the plan of action for the ‘larder project.’ I’ve included some of the things that I have already done in there so that it’s complete.
Can do now
4) Continue making pickles with the surplus from the veg box (find a receipe book I like, develop an easy labeling system, build a store of pickle flavourings and vinegar)
5) For next year – identify a cheap bulk source of berries for jam
6) Investigate bulk buying cheese and do so if appropriate
8) Go to Fish and Archers more often
9) Experiment with lactofermentation
10) Investigate getting a freezer for the loft and get one if appropriate
11) Build cutting garden and develop conceptual plans for real garden (this is part of the garden project)
12) Investigate sources of apples and berries for fruit snacks
13) Build solar dehydrator
14) Buy electric dehydrator
15) Get a pressure canner
16) Learn to can
Wow, it’s good to have that written down.